Out of our entire population in the United States, about 40 million move each year. And the reasons for moving range anywhere from starting a new job to retirement. Regardless of your reasoning and stage in life, moving locations can be stressful, exhausting, and even pretty confusing. Surf and Turf Real Estate knows how taxing the process can be and we want to make it easier for you to get started, so here are the top 5 reasons you should move to the coast.
If you’ve been considering a relocation and a new start in 2017, you have probably been weighing the pros and cons of cities vs town, houses vs apartments, and a myriad of other life-altering decisions that will be coming your way when you finally start to look for your new place. So let’s break it down:
Why should I move to a beach town?
- Health Benefits: Living by the beach has been shown to improve mental well-being by helping to reduce stress. The beautiful surroundings also tend to encourage you to be more physically active in the outdoors, giving you exercise and an important dose of vitamin D.
- Better Weather: As much fun as it sounds digging yourself out of the snow pile again this winter, doesn’t digging in the sand to build sand castles sound so much better? In coastal areas the weather tends to be more mild in the winter and hot and breezy in the summer. No more snow boots and puffy coats, you could be wearing sandals all year!
- The Food: Instead of taking your special person out for a meal at a chain seafood restaurant, imagine being able to watch the local fishermen bring in their catch of the day as you sit by a window overlooking the water. The food in coastal areas is a mix of delicious fresh seafood with seasonal produce and unique flavors.
- They’re Customizable: Whether you want to live on the ocean, the sound, or a little further inland you have a lot to choose from when it comes to moving to a beach town. Living on the coast means you aren’t limiting yourself to one type of living and one set of views.
- You Can Always Beach It: And the top reason? You can go to the beach any time you want! From swimming in the summer to long breezy walks in the winter sunset, there is never a bad time to go to the beach, especially when its right in the back yard!
So how do you get started?
- Find yourself a knowledgeable and experienced real estate agent to help you get started looking for the right house or piece of property to meet your needs.
- Research your needs and wants so you can make sure you end up in the right place for you and your family.
- Visit the coast! The coast of North Carolina always has great things to do and restaurants to eat at for anyone of any age. So be sure to come check us out for all your vacation and relocation needs.
For any questions on the area or on any of our listings, contact us today!
Chelsea Evans is a social media loving, bunny wrangling, book devouring graduate of UNC-Asheville currently enrolled in the Social Media Marketing certification through Northwestern University and Coursera. She can be found on Twitter, Linkedin, Google+, and WordPress.